Tending Our Soil
In 2021, St. Dunstan’s applied for and was blessed to be selected as one of the first class of 12 parishes in the Episcopal Diocese of Washington to participate in the Tending Our Soil thriving congregations initiative, which has been funded by a Lilly grant.
Over the course of three years and accompanied by trained coaches, congregational leaders are guided by five key practices of
- listening to God, each other, and our neighbors.
- reconnecting with core spiritual practices, theological commitments, and Episcopal identity
- discerning what God is up to and our call to join God on mission
- cultivating new and refreshed ministries and equipping leaders
- celebrating new learnings and successes
Through the process, St. Dunstan's is building our capacity for adaptive leadership through action and reflection for lasting impact. We welcome your questions and participation in this exciting growth opportunity for St. Dunstan’s!
The St. Dunstan's Tending Our Soil Leadership Team
Karen Edwards, Team Leader